What are the fees and taxes associated with my Mint Mobile plan?
At Mint, we don’t hide our fees in our plans—we break them out so you know exactly what you are paying.
- Subtotal: Cost of the plan chosen.
- Regulatory Recovery Fee: The Regulatory Recovery Fee is assessed to help recover Mint Mobile’s administrative costs to comply with various federal and state programs. Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for additional details.
- Telecom Tax: This includes any federal, state, county, city, or district taxes that are applicable to the retail sale of prepaid wireless communications services in your zip code.
- Shipping & Handling: Depends on shipping option chosen at checkout.
- NY PSCS: The Public Safety Communications Surcharge is a state-imposed surcharge collected on the retail sale of prepaid wireless communications services in the state of New York. Click here
CA MTS Surcharge: Between 1/1/2016 and 12/31/2018, the Prepaid Mobile Telephony Services (MTS) Surcharge was collected from California-based consumers on the purchase of prepaid wireless service. It included a combination of certain taxes, fees, and other surcharges, as mandated by the state of California. Effective 1/1/2019, it is no longer applicable. Please click here for more info on the replacement of the Prepaid MTS Surcharge.