I am buying a new device, do I need a new eSIM?
You will need a new eSIM. First, make sure that your new device will be eligible with a Mint eSIM, and is unlocked. If not, then you will need to switch back to a physical SIM.
When you have your new eligible device follow the below steps:
- Install the Mint Mobile app on your new iPhone and log in to your account
- Click the “Change Device” option in the Account menu
- If your Mint Mobile account is already using eSIM on your previous device, simply select the “Get an eSIM” option to move your account to a new eSIM on your new device
- If your Mint Mobile account is currently using a Physical SIM, you have the option of following the instructions on the screen to transfer your physical SIM to the new device, or you can switch to eSIM. To switch to eSIM, look to the bottom of the screen where it says “Want to switch to an eSIM? Order one here” and tap the link.
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the eSIM installation process.
When you switch to a new eSIM, you will keep you current plan and number. No change there.