OFFICIAL RULES OF THE “YOUR FRESH START: WIN A FREE YEAR OF RENT” SWEEPSTAKES
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- Sponsor: The Mint Mobile and Zumper “Your Fresh Start: Win A Free Year of Rent” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by Mint Mobile, LLC (the “Sponsor”), having its principal place of business at 1550 Scenic Ave, Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626. “Zumper” refers to Zumper, Inc.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins on August 25, 2021 at 12:00AM PDT and ends on September 29, 2021 at 11:59PM PDT (the “Entry Period”). Entries submitted before or after the Entry Period will not be eligible.
- How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered by submitting a participant’s name and email address using the online form provided at http://mintmobile.com/fresh-start (each an “Entrant”). All Entrants’ email addresses are subject to Mint Mobile and Zumper’s respective privacy policies, each found here: https://www.mintmobile.com/privacy-policy/; https://www.zumper.com/privacy-policy. By providing an email address, each Entrant is consenting to receive marketing messages from both Mint Mobile and Zumper. The entry must fulfil all requirements of the Sweepstakes, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications of the Sweepstakes may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Only one entry per person. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices, or in any attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules of the Sweepstakes, your submission may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is open to any individual who, as of the beginning of the Entry Period: (1) completes all required information at http://mintmobile.com/fresh-start; (b) is a legal resident of one of the fifty states of the United States or the District of Columbia (U.S.) (the “Eligibility Area”); and (c) is 18 years of age (or age of majority in their state of residence) or older at the time of entry. Employees, officers, directors and agents (and their immediate families and household members regardless of where they live, or members of the same households (whether related or not)) of the Sponsor or Zumper, and their divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, and agents (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Providers”), are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes or to win any Prize. THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS VOID OUTSIDE OF THE ELIGIBILITY AREA AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. The Sponsor retains sole discretion to determine eligibility, including disqualification based on multiple entries.
- Agreement to Rules: By entering this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by all decisions of the Sweepstakes Providers, and to comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Each Entrant represents and warrants that all information provided in connection with the sweepstakes is true, accurate, and complete. The decisions of the Sweepstakes Providers are final on all matters of fact, interpretation, eligibility, procedure and fulfillment. In the event of non-compliance, an alternate Winner may be selected. Entries and other submitted materials become the property of the Sweepstakes Providers and/or its/their promotional partner(s) and will not be acknowledged or returned. Entrants should look solely to the Sponsor with any questions, comments or issues related to the Sweepstakes.
- Prizes: Entrants who enter the Sweepstakes will be eligible to win the following prizes:
- One (1) Grand Prize:
- One (1) $36,000 cash prize
- Five (5) Second Place prizes:
- Five (5) $2,000 cash prizes
- Ten (10) Third Place prizes:
- Ten (10) Mint Mobile 12-Month 15GB Plans (Actual Retail Value of $3,000)
- Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Winner Selection and Notification: The Winner will be selected by random draw under the supervision of the Sponsor. The drawing will be held within fourteen (14) days of the end the Entry Period. The Winner will be notified within 7 days of the random drawing, sent via email to the email address provided. The Sponsor shall have no liability for a Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for a Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 7 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor will not be obligated to pursue more than three (3) alternate potential winners (time permitting) for any reason, after which any remaning prizes will remain un-awarded. Receipt of the prize offered in this Sweepstakes by the Winner is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by the Winner at the Sponsor’s sole discretion will result in the Winner’s disqualification as winner, and all privileges as winner will be immediately terminated.
- Rights Granted by the Entrant: By entering this Sweepstakes, unless prohibited by law, the Winners understand and consent to the Sponsor and Zumper and anyone acting on behalf of the Sponsor or Zumper or their respective licensees, successors, and assigns, to, where permitted by law, print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, each Winner’s name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Sweepstakes, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
- Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release: Winners may be required to sign (and return) an Affidavit of Eligibility (“Affidavit”) and Publicity Release (“Release”) (except where prohibited by law). Upon Sponsor’s written request, the Winners must sign and return the Affidavit and/or Release within 5 days of Sponsor’s notification. In addition, the Grand Prize Winner may be required to provide up to five (5) photos of themselves (“Photos”) with the Prize (except where prohibited by law). By providing the Photos, Winner represents and warrants that the Photos are an original work of authorship, and do not violate any third party’s proprietary or intellectual property rights. Photos must only contain the Winner. If the Photo is claimed to constitute infringement of any proprietary or intellectual proprietary rights of any third party, you shall, at your sole expense, defend or settle against such claims. You shall indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Mint Mobile and Zumper from and against any suit, proceeding, claims, liability, loss, damage, costs or expense, which Mint Mobile and Zumper may incur, suffer, or be required to pay arising out of such infringement or suspected infringement of any third party’s right. If any Winner fails to respond and return the completed Affidavit, Release and/or Photos as required within that time period, prizes may be forfeited.
- Terms and Conditions: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, pandemic, or other cause beyond the Sponsor’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such cases, the Sponsor may select a winner(s) from eligible entries received before and/or after the action taken by the Sponsor if appropriate. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or website or violates these Official Rules or is found to be acting in bad faith or in a disruptive manner. The Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Sweepstakes, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; use of multiple email addresses to create multiple entries; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Sweepstakes rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: BY ENTERING THE SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS RELEASE, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE SWEEPSTAKES SPONSOR, ZUMPER, AND ITS/THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, PARTNERS, REPRESENTATIVES, AGENTS, SUCCESSORS, ASSIGNS, EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LOSSES, LIABILITY, ILLNESS, INJURY, DEATH LITIGATION, DAMAGES, RIGHTS, CLAIMS, AND ACTIONS OF ANY KIND ARISING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE OR NOT FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS), OR RESULTING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY:
IN NO EVENT WILL THE SWEEPSTAKES PROVIDERS OR ZUMPER BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF ANY ACCESS TO AND/OR USE OF THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE; THE REMOVAL FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE OF, OR DISCONTINUATION OF ACCESS TO, ANY MATERIALS; UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE SWEEPSTAKES; ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; TECHNICAL ERRORS OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE MALFUNCTION OF ANY COMPUTER, CABLE, NETWORK, HARDWARE, OR SOFTWARE, OR OTHER MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT; THE UNAVAILABILITY OR INACCESSIBILITY OF ANY TRANSMISSIONS, TELEPHONE, OR INTERNET SERVICE; PRINTING ERRORS; LOST, LATE, POSTAGE DUE, MISDIRECTED, OR UNDELIVERABLE MAIL; OR THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF, OR ANY HARM RESULTING FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF, OR PARTICIPATION IN, ANY PRIZE AWARDED IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR OR ZUMPER HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THE SWEEPSTAKES, ALL PRIZES AND ALL MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SWEEPSTAKES SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- Disputes: The Sweepstakes, these Official Rules and an Entrant’s rights and obligations are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the substantive laws of the State of California as distinguished from the choice of law rules of the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or related to this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court having jurisdiction in San Francisco, CA. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, other than Entrant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e., costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and Entrant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased. All applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply.
- Winners List: For information on the Prize Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: 1550 Scenic Ave, Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626; Attn: Mint Mobile “Your Fresh Start: Win A Free Year of Rent” Sweepstakes. Requests must be sent within four (4) weeks of the end of the Entry Period.
- Alternate Method of Entry: Entry by mail. On a piece of 3” X 5” paper, print your name and complete address (no P.O. Boxes), daytime phone number, and date of birth. Mail to: Mint Mobile, 1550 Scenic Ave, Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626, Attn: Mint Mobile Your Fresh Start Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries accepted. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes entry period.
(a) Dates and Deadlines: Because of the unique nature and scope of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in addition to those other rights reserved herein, to modify any date(s) or deadline(s) set forth in these Official Rules or otherwise governing the Sweepstakes.
(c) Severability; Headings: If any provision of these Official Rules is found to be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these Official Rules and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. Headings and captions are used in these Official Rules solely for convenience of reference and shall not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of these Official Rules or any provision hereof.
(d) Rule Requests: To receive a copy of these complete rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: 1550 Scenic Ave, Suite 100, Costa Mesa, CA 92626; Attn: Mint Mobile Your Fresh Start: Win A Free Year of Rent” Sweepstakes. Requests for Official Rules must be received by September 15, 2021.
- You acknowledge that the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, Reddit, Pinterest, LinkedIn or any other social media companies/entities that may be used to share the Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Social Media”). You further expressly acknowledge that you are providing your information to the owner of the Sweepstakes and not to any of the Social Media. For the avoidance of any doubt, you hereby expressly release, indemnify, and hold harmless any and all Social Media, as defined above, in connection with your participation in the Sweepstakes.