How to Activate Your Phone
It’s come to our attention that some recently purchased Android phones may not connect to our network properly. We apologize in advance for any hassle this may cause.
We’ve included directions below that should resolve the issue. If you have any questions or need help, please don’t hesitate to reach out to our dedicated Care agents at (213) 372-7777.
How to activate Mint Mobile on your new phone
- Click on Settings -> Connections
- Confirm that Wi-Fi Calling is not showing as an option. If it’s not showing, click Mobile networks and then click on Network mode.
- If Wi-Fi Calling is visible, you should already be fully connected
- Select 3G/2G (auto connect)
- Once selected, you should be back to the Mobile network menu.
- Restart the device
- You will be able to make calls, send SMS, and browse data in this setting.
- After an hour, go back to Settings -> Connections
- If Wi-Fi Calling is now visible, click on Mobile Networks -> Network Mode and select LTE/3G/2G (auto connect) to restore fully connectivity. If you have a 5G compatible device, select 5G/LTE/3G/2G (auto connect).
- If the Wi-Fi Calling option is not available, check back in a couple hours or contact our Care team at (213) 372-7777 for additional help.