Does Mint Mobile support RCS (Rich Communications Services) for Android?
Yep. You just have to switch up a few things on your phone:
- Open the Google Play Store on your phone
- Search “Messages by Google LLC”
- Download the Messages app (by Google LLC, of course)
- When you open it for the first time it’ll ask to be your default messaging app. Go ahead and click “Yes”
- Make sure you enable chat features in the app settings so you get the whole shabang (nobody wants just half of a shabang)
Thanks to RCS, Android users have access to key features that Apple’s iMessage users have been bragging about for years like read receipts, typing bubbles (three dots ftw), and the ability to send richer media. Now you can send full-size selfies to your friends in HD. Shoutout to Rich, whoever he is, for making it possible.
Note: RCS only applies to Android 6.0 and up. RCS requires a data connection (either Wi-Fi or cellular). Both the sender and the recipient must have RCS enabled in order to send messages through RCS.