How do I configure my Android phone settings?
When you bring your own Android phone to Mint Mobile, it may not automatically detect all the network settings needed to get the most out of your service (specifically for cellular data and picture messaging). Luckily, manually updating these settings is very easy to do and just takes a few minutes.
Once you’ve activated your plan and inserted your SIM card or installed your eSIM (for compatible phones), complete these steps:
- Text SETUP to 6700 to have the correct settings sent to your phone (or just keep reading because we provide them below too)
- Go into your phone’s Settings, select Connections, followed by Mobile Networks, then Access Point Names and select Add to enter the following information:
- Name – Mint
- APN – Wholesale
- Proxy – (leave blank)
- Port – (leave blank)
- Username – (leave blank)
- Password – (leave blank)
- Server – (leave blank)
- MMSC – http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
- Multimedia Message Proxy – (leave blank)
- Multimedia Message Port – 8080
- MCC – 310
- MNC – 260
- Authentication Type – (leave blank)
- APN Type – default,supl,mms,ia
- APN Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol – IPv4
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner and select Save; ensure that the new Access Point Name is selected and restart your phone
After your phone powers back up, you can test these new settings by sending yourself a picture message. We recommend thinking about how much money you’re saving with Mint and taking a selfie to capture that smile. Or a meme works too.