How do I configure my Android phone settings?
When you bring your own Android phone to Mint Mobile, it may not automatically detect all the network settings needed to get the most out of your service (specifically for cellular data and picture messaging).
Luckily, manually updating these settings is very easy to do and just takes a few minutes, so you don’t have any issues when using data or receiving group or picture messages.
Once you’ve activated your plan and inserted your SIM card or installed your eSIM, text SETUP to 6700 to have the correct settings sent to your phone (or just keep reading because we provide them below)
- Go into your phone’s Settings
- Select Connections or Search Access Point Names
- Select Mobile Networks
- Tap Access Point Names (APN)
- Tap the 3-dot menu in the top right > Reset to default
- Select Add to enter the following information as shown (Note: the input process is case sensitive):
- Name – Mint
- APN – Wholesale
- Proxy – (leave blank)
- Port – (leave blank)
- Username – (leave blank)
- Password – (leave blank)
- Server – (leave blank)
- MMSC – http://wholesale.mmsmvno.com/mms/wapenc
- Multimedia Message Proxy – (leave blank)
- Multimedia Message Port – 8080
- MCC – (do not change default values)
- MNC – (do not change default values)
- Authentication Type – (leave blank)
- APN Type – default,supl,mms,ia
- APN Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
- APN Roaming Protocol – IPv4/IPv6
- MVNO type: GID
- MVNO value: 756D
7. Tap the three dots in the top right corner and select Save
8. Ensure that the new Access Point Name is selected
9. Restart your phone
After your phone powers back up, you can test these new settings by sending yourself a picture message.