How do I make international calls?
Mint Mobile’s international calling feature helps you stay connected with friends and family across the world. Tied to your Mint account, international call credit is purchased from your Mint Mobile wallet, making for a hassle-free experience you can access anytime and anywhere. Just load your Mint wallet with enough credit before making the call and the cost will be automatically deducted from your wallet balance. BTW, free calling to Mexico and Canada are included in your plan. Check out our sweet international call rates .
Before you pick up the phone, here’s what you need to know about making international calls:
How do I make a call overseas?
Mint Mobile allows for international direct dialing, making it easier to make calls abroad. Just follow these steps to make your international call:
- Log in to your Mint account from the Mint Mobile app or mintmobile.com/login
- Select Load Wallet and Add Credit
- Dial the following exit code: 011
- Dial the country code for your destination
- (Optional) If dialing a landline, dial the 2-4 digit area code
- Dial the number of your choice and say…whazzup?
How do I purchase international call credit?
To purchase international call credit, you’ll first need to add money to your Mint Mobile wallet. Follow these steps to load your wallet online:
- Log into your account on the Mint Mobile app or mintmobile.com/login
- Select the Load Wallet option on the homepage of your online account
- Select the amount of money you would like to add
- Submit your order – all credit added should be available in real time
How do I send international text messages?
For destinations that use 10-digit dialing, such as phone numbers on the North American Numbering Plan (NANP), enter the 10-digit phone number of the message recipient as you would when sending a domestic text.
For destinations not using 10-digit dialing, or anywhere outside North America, include 011 or a “+” symbol, the country code, and the phone number of the recipient. No access numbers needed here.
What if I’m having trouble calling internationally?
A common cause of problems with international calling is a lack of account funds.
Here are 3 easy ways to check your account balance:
- Log in to your account on the Mint Mobile app. It’s the easiest way to get information related to your account at any time. You can also log in at mintmobile.com/login
- Text BALANCE to 6700: You will receive a text message with all account balance information
- Call Customer Care: Dial 611 from your Mint phone to ask a Customer Care representative about your account balance
If you find that you have international calling credit, another common cause of problems is an incorrect country code. Make sure you’re dialing 00 or + before the international number that you intend to call.