How do I remove and insert a SIM card on Android?
If you ever need to insert or remove your Mint Mobile SIM card from your current phone, you’ll need to first know how to do it. Here’s how you remove and insert a SIM on Android devices.
Before you insert your Mint Mobile SIM card:
- Make sure your phone is compatible
- Make sure you’ve activated your SIM card
- Make sure your phone is turned off
How to remove a SIM card from Android phones
First things first, you’ll want to locate your SIM tray. Most Androids have a SIM tray located on the side or back of the device.
How to remove and insert SIM card – back of Android
- Remove the back cover of your Android phone and remove the battery, revealing the SIM tray
- Find the right size SIM using the printed diagram by the SIM tray, or you can also Google it. Then punch out the correct size SIM from your Mint Mobile SIM card
- Insert SIM and replace battery and back cover of your phone
How to remove and insert SIM card – side or top of Android
If you have an Android phone with a SIM tray on the sides or top of the phone, like a Samsung Galaxy for example, here’s how to remove an old SIM and insert a new SIM.
- Locate your SIM tray. Look for a small hole on the top side or bottom of the phone to find the tray
- Insert a SIM ejector tool (or paperclip) into the tiny hole to eject the SIM tray
- Remove SIM (if you need to). To insert a new SIM, first find out what size SIM your model takes by asking Google or popping out your 3-in-1 SIM card starting from the largest size, and working your way to the one that fits
- Slide the tray back in