How do I remove and insert a SIM card on iPhone?
Switching to Mint Mobile means ditching that old carrier’s SIM card and putting our shiny new one in your phone. The way to remove and insert a SIM card is pretty consistent across most phones nowadays, but you may want to grab your user manual to confirm these steps for your phone, just in case.
Before inserting a new SIM card into iPhone
- Make sure your phone is compatible with our network
- Verify that your phone is turned off
- Ensure your SIM card is activated
Once you’ve activated your plan, just follow the steps below to remove your old SIM card and insert your new Mint Mobile SIM card.
How to remove and insert a SIM card – iPhone
- Locate the SIM tray on your iPhone
- It should be a small slot along the edge of the phone with a very small hole in it.
- Use the SIM ejector tool we provided to pop out your phone’s SIM tray and remove your old SIM card.
- There should be a tiny hole in the SIM tray that you insert the tool into; just be careful not to accidentally stick it in the microphone
- Punch out the appropriate SIM card size from your Mint Mobile 3-in-1 SIM kit
- It may be easier to punch out the mini SIM first, then remove the excess plastic to get it down to a micro SIM or nano SIM, depending on the size of your phone’s SIM tray
- Place your new Mint Mobile SIM card in the SIM tray with the logo facing up, and slide the SIM tray back into your phone until it clicks securely into place
- Power on your iPhone, watch it connect to the Mint Mobile network, and you should be ready to roll