How to switch from a physical SIM card to eSIM?
What is eSIM?
eSIM is an awesome technology that allows you to activate a cellular plan from your carrier without having to use a physical SIM. And best of all, we can walk you through the process of switching from physical SIM to eSIM in just a few steps.
How do I switch from a physical SIM to eSIM?
1. Check in the App Store or Google Play to verify that you have the most recent version of the Mint Mobile app
2. Open the Mint Mobile app and log in to your account
3. Tap on Account in the lower right corner
4. Scroll down to the SIM Card section and tap Order Replacement SIM
5. When the SIM delivery screen appears, select Get an eSIM
- If you don’t see Get an eSIM as an option, your phone may not support eSIM
6. After selecting eSIM, the app will ask you to confirm if the phone you’re using is the one you’d like to install eSIM on. If yes, select This is my new device
7. Tap checkout to complete the order–and don’t worry, you won’t be charged
8. After completing your order, you’ll be prompted to install your eSIM
9. Once installation is complete, you should receive an email confirmation that the eSIM has been installed