I’m buying a new phone – do I need a new eSIM?
Yes, you will need a new eSIM. First, make sure your new phone will be eligible with a Mint eSIM and is unlocked. If not, then you will need to switch back to a physical SIM. When you have your new eligible device follow the below steps:
- Install the Mint Mobile app on your new iPhone and log in to your account
- Click the “Change Device” option in the Account menu
- If your Mint Mobile account is already using eSIM on your previous phone, simply select “Get an eSIM” to move your account to a new eSIM on your new phone
- If your Mint Mobile account is currently using a physical SIM, you have the option of following the instructions on the screen to transfer your physical SIM to the new device, or you can switch to eSIM.
- To switch to eSIM, look to the bottom of the screen where it says “Want to switch to an eSIM? Order one here” and tap the link
- Follow the instructions on screen to complete the eSIM installation process
When you switch to a new eSIM, you will keep your current plan and number.